Kay Kay and Sissy

Kay Kay and Sissy
Original by Omar Moreno

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Miracle: Ephesians 3:20

Hello All.

I have had many people ask about the story as to how we found out we were pregnant. I thought this would be a great first journal entry for our little peanut’s journal to our home. To start this story however, we cannot just start it from a week ago when we took our home pregnancy tests (yes tests as in more than one). The story starts about two years ago, August 2008. Omar and I had just started the fertility clinic due to complications. Several months of treatment ended in nothing but frustration and tears. I knew that leaning on God was the answer but I felt I needed to take this into my own hands. By going to the clinic we dug ourselves deeper into desperation and deeper into sadness as test after test didn’t work. Taking a break from the clinic was a way to relieve the stress but it never took away that craving to be parents. It was like something I could not ever let go. I kept pleading with God to just allow this to happen however, God new that this needed to happen on his time and not ours. We went back after three months and tried again. We saved up for a procedure that was sure to work. After this procedure we tried the first month and there was no success. I told Omar we could no longer go through this. I told him my heart ached for a child and I could not take the pain anymore. We decided to stop going to the clinic. The clinic had told us we most likely need medication in order to conceive. I figure when the time is right God would allow us to return to the clinic or he would grant us with our child on his time. We left the clinic November 2010.  During this time I started a new diet and lost 11 lbs. I felt great about myself, life was happy again and I had laid my trust in God to provide out family when the time was right. The week before New Year’s Eve, Omar and I had decided to really celebrate New Year’s because we had never celebrated together before because he had always worked that night. This year he took it off and we were going to party. Thursday, December 29th I woke up sick. I was hoping that I would not miss our party. I wanted to hang out with my family and party into the New Year with my husband. My mother insisted I take a pregnancy test to rule out this option before calling my Dr. I hated those darn tests so I was very skeptical to take one. I was determined to just take one to rule out this option. I was not getting my hopes up. In fact, I knew 100% that had the flu and was going to miss our party. After my mother hounding me all day Thursday (if you are reading this mommy thank you for pushing me) I went to the pharmacy after work. I lay around the house before Omar insisted I take the test to satisfy my mother (again thank you mom for being there for me). I went into the bathroom, took the test, and realized that it was not the normal answer I had received many times before. Omar and I had decided this was a fluke. There was no way. Friday morning, I woke up at 5:30 to get Omar from work. I decided to take the other test from the box just to see what it would say. Again the same positive X showed on the test and my heart fluttered. This time we called my mother and told her. She was excited; however, Omar was still skeptical. That night we decided no drinking for me just in case. Saturday, just to be sure, we took two more tests, different brand. These were positive faster than the other ones. I felt in my heart that we were pregnant. We wanted to get the positive confirmed from a Dr. before calling our family, however, after going to Church on Sunday and hearing the sermon of God giving us Great Surprises and working more in our lives than we ask for, I knew in my heart God had granted us with a beautiful child to share our love we had waited for so long to give. Monday was the day for impatience. Our blood test was taken at 1pm however we had to wait until after 4:30 to hear the results. It was well worth the wait. Our nurse told us we were pregnant. God had heard our prayers through all those negatives tests, all those struggles, all those pleading prayers and nights of crying and desperately wanting to share my love I had in my heart to my children. We want you all to know that we are truly grateful for the gifts that God gives us in our lives and we are grateful even more for the struggles, because without the struggles, we would have never known the true gift and miracle God has made in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment