Kay Kay and Sissy

Kay Kay and Sissy
Original by Omar Moreno

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blood Tests, Baby bump, and Transitions

Hope you are enjoying the journal. I love keeping my friends and family in the loop during this great blessing in our lives. Today’s journal is about numerous things going on in our lives and how we are planning for the arrival of our miracle. My first topic is Blood tests. Now I am not so sure these are accurate in my situation. Our Nurse checked my charts and according to my chart from the clinic we should be 12 weeks, 13 weeks on January 13th. However, the blood test taken on January 3rd to confirm our sweet baby stated we were only 4 weeks. Now we go back in Monday, January 10th for another blood draw. After placing me on progesterone for a week, I am hoping this test is more accurate and we can get the ball rolling on our ultrasound. After all, I have many family members who are anxiously awaiting the first picture of our sunshine. I ask that you all pray for a wonderful blood draw and a more accurate reading and also for the safe continuance of our pregnancy. The reason for feeling we are much further along than 5 weeks rests in the baby bump. Aw yes, the wonderful baby bump. I have to say I did not think we would be showing so quickly. However, Peanut has miraculously surprised us again. I woke up one morning to find our precious had decided to show much more than mommy had planned. Already searching for clothes to fit, Omar and I went shopping. Now don’t get me wrong, we are excited to see our miracle grow and form so fast, however, I was not prepared to not fit into my slacks for work. LOL This little bundle is just full of surprises. As soon as we are confirmed on the due date and how far along we are, our first baby bump picture will be up. We are hoping the ultrasound takes place in January. As far as transitioning goes, we are planning on a two bedroom apartment for our little one. Today will be rather hard day as I have to sell my new pet, Chi. Our Chinchilla just needs too much attention and even though I love her and enjoy watching her play in her cage, we do not have the time to focus our attention on her and the baby. We have hopefully found her a good home today and I will be sad to see her go. We still have Nala, our three year old cat, who seems to sense change coming fast. She is absolutely adorable when it comes to cuddling. She knows the baby is coming. I can tell because she hovers around my tummy when I am lying down. Now for those of you, who worry, please don’t. Nala is declawed on all fours, spayed and a wonderful house cat. She is extremely clean and we have nothing to worry about as Daddy has taken the liberty of cleaning her litter box each day while I am away at work so as not to raise dust in my area. More transitions are to come but we are planning on taking one day at a time and learning and experiencing the wonderful miracle as he/she comes. We plan on enjoying every moment of our pregnancy since this is truly a gift from our Lord and Savior. Thank you all for reading along as we embark on this great new journal God has set forth for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment