Kay Kay and Sissy

Kay Kay and Sissy
Original by Omar Moreno

Friday, January 7, 2011

No Pain No Gain

Hello Everyone!

Omar and I have been discussing decisions to make for peanut lately and one of them is the birth. I have never known anyone to have a water birth and to me that personally sounds relaxing and wonderful for the baby to transition from the womb to the world. We have been seriously talking about a water birth, natural birthing, and many more decisions. My thought on the two topics are personally, well, my thoughts. I have had many conversations with many people on the subject and have gotten many odd responses. I will start with the first topic, the water birth. I have heard from many that this sounds rather gross. Personally, I feel that after all we have gone through to receive this blessed gift, I think a nice transition into the world is exactly what my child deserves. I have never heard of someone in my family having one, not saying they haven’t, but I think this will be a nice experience to share with others as well. I have watched documentaries and from what I see you are the one who catches your child and therefore the first person to make physical contact with your baby. I like this idea a lot especially since I will be carrying this child for 40 weeks. I know others think this is gross be until you experience it, I don’t think too many people can judge the experience. Now, the natural birthing topic. I have heard many tell me to not be the tough woman, just get the epidural. You know, I don’t think I will. I believe that for all that God has done for me and my family; the least I can do is give my child the proper introduction to the world, and not on drugs. Besides I am tough woman I think I can handle a little pain for a great life of bliss and motherhood. Also, the scripture does say that we are to bare our children and what better way to follow scripture than to have a natural birth. Unless out Doctor tells us we cannot, I believe we have decided to have a natural water birth for our first bundle of joy. Please feel free to comment on your thoughts and feelings on these topics. I love to hear other’s thoughts, especially mothers who have already gone through the birthing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment